Nunsmere Hall, a Country House Hotel in the heart of Cheshire, has a fantastic opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic Reservationist to join our team. Your main duties & responsibilities will be:
- Switchboard operation and transferring phone calls to correct extension or taking accurate messages.
- Making reservations for guests using the Reslynx system
- To be fully aware of all rates and promotions and to quote such rates in line with hotel revenue strategy, ensuring maximum occupancy and rate are achieved at all times.
- To carry out Reception duties and cover as and when business demands it.
- To be fully conversant with all reservation procedures including cancellations and no-shows, and adhere to these procedures at all times.
- To chase all unconfirmed bookings, ensuring they are confirmed or released in accordance with hotel policy.
- To deal with all internal and external customers in a professional manner, to ensure complete satisfaction at all times, whilst adhering to hotel standards.
- To develop and maintain customer relations to the highest standard, answering all telephones promptly and correctly.
- To develop an accurate working knowledge of the hotel bedrooms and public areas in order to show current and potential clients the hotel and facilities.
- To ensure all incoming correspondence is actioned promptly and accurately and any request responded to courteously and within the same working day.
- To maintain an accurate and logical filing system for correspondence relating to bookings and enquiries.
- To complete 1, 3, 5 & 15 day reservation checks, ensuring wedding blocks are monitored closely and rooms released in line with booking T&C’s.
What’s in it for you?
- Free parking
- Regular team incentives and prizes to be won
- Birthday voucher
- Training and development opportunities
The ideal candidate should have:
- Good experience working in a busy Reception/switchboard environment
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous reservations experience would be an advantage
Hours of work are 24 hours per week working 3 days out of 7 on a rota basis including weekends.
If you feel you possess the proven experience required and that you have the qualities to shine, please apply now.
If you haven’t heard from us within 14 days please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: £10.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift